Sunday 9 October 2011

Yoomi - The next best thing to mummy

Introducing Yoomi the first clever bottle.



As a breast feeding mummy I tended not to use many bottles but then I returned to work, as Mia was not used to bottles I tried a few different ones to find the one she liked and after trying every bottle on the market I still hadn't found one she was truly happy with, that's when I discovered Yoomi, the self warming bottle here's how it works:




The Yoomi bottle contains a unique warmer that is activated by pressing the orange button. This triggers the internal solution to warm the unit in just 60 seconds.

The cold feed is gently warmed as it flows through the specially designed channels on the outside of the warmer. By the time the feed reaches the teat, it is at natural breast milk temperature (32-34 deg C).
Its not just the clever warmer I like, the shape of the bottle is fantastic, it is what can only be described as a boob on a bottle, this means baby has an easy transition from breast to bottle without nipple confusion and the wide neck makes it easy to pour defrosted breast milk into or scoop formula in as well as clean.
I know what your thinking its a bit gimmicky or what a faff what's wrong with a jug of hot water, well here's my answer, yes you have to charge the warmer in a pan for 25 minutes but you can wait up to 20 minutes for a bottle warmer to heat the milk, yes you could use a jug of hot water, i used this method with my first daughter who was formula fed and my partner scolded his arm at 3am half asleep trying to heat up a bottle for a screaming baby. This is by far the safest way to heat babies milk especially if you have a toddler running around getting in to everything and you can heat the warmers in the morning while sorting out the days bottles.
The only down side to the bottles you may find is the cost but after comparing this with the amount of money i have spent on bottles trying to find the perfect one the Yoomi bottle worked out cheaper, and the fantastic packaging means it would be the perfect gift.





The other useful thing to note is that you can use the Yoomi bottle with or without the warmer.





Overall this is a fantastic bottle and just perfect for my little girl, I no longer worry if my husband has warmed Mia's milk up correctly while I'm at work or that there is a jug of boiling water lying around the house. My husband says the best thing is not having to try and find someone to warm her milk when out and about, but if you needed any more proof here is Mia's opinion





to take a look at Yoomi for yourself visit http://www.yoomi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment